Our physician client has been delivering life-changing results to countless delighted patients for over twenty years. Their state-of-the-art practice is focused on providing advanced procedures as well as exceptional care and comfort. Their focus is to ensure that our patients receive the absolute best in skill and satisfaction. Our physician client is looking for an experienced Billing Specialist who specializes in Orthopedics and Plastics to join our highly skilled staff.
The Billing Specialist is responsible for demonstrating exceptional patient care, and ensuring that physician services are billed in a timely manner in order to obtain the highest reimbursement. The Billing Specialist will answer billing inquires, follow up on past due accounts and denied claims, and post payments. In addition to these responsibilities the Billing Specialist should be organized, efficient, and represent the office in a friendly manor.
- Administers unpaid claims for all insurance payers; including commercial and government payer's.
- Follows up on denied claims and prepares appeals.
- Posts payments manually and electronically.
- Collects delinquent accounts by establishing payment arrangements with patients, monitoring payments, and following up with patients when payment lapses occur.
- Reviews reports and works all edits received through clearinghouse.
- Contacts the patient’s insurance carriers to obtain pre-certifications for upcoming procedures.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Two (3) years’ progressive experience with orthopedics and plastics specialties in a medical billing role preferred.
Knowledge of medical coding within a practice setting. Including but not limited to; CPT, Modifiers, ICD-9 and ICD-10 codes.
Basic knowledge of medical terminology.
- Knowledge and experience working unpaid claims for all insurance claims for all insurance payers.
High proficiency with computer software including but not limited to EMR, billing software, insurance websites, and Microsoft Office.
- Clear understanding of protocols and procedures in a medical office including health information management, confidentiality, and safety.
- Organize and prioritize responsibilities while remaining flexible to changing demands.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, with the ability to interact with patients, families, staff and others.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Must have high level of discretion and judgement.
May require long periods of time sitting, standing, walking, and talking.
Occasionally required to lift 25 pounds.
Work with blood or blood borne pathogens, will require OSHA in-service training.
Will require viewing computer screen and typing on a keyboard for prolonged periods of time.
Reasonable accommodations may be made be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. We are an equal opportunity employer.
For consideration, please submit your resume with salary requirements.