Axios HR - Senior Human Resources Consultant - Grand Rapids, MI
Purpose of the position: The position’s primary purpose is to provide quality Human Resource management service to Axios client companies through onsite HR support to employees, management and owners, application of specialized HR knowledge and skills to client problems and questions, and coordination of HR activities with specialist services (Payroll, Benefits, Risk) provided to client companies under various HR outsourcing models. The Sr HR Consultant position supports the launch and maintenance of quality Axios HR processes and procedures through internal and external communication. The position exists to provide direct client support, as the lead contact for Axios HR Services for the client.
1) Assist in deployment of standard HR tools and services for clients, including all necessary types of forms, procedures, documentation and HR processes (see HR Scorecard/Audit for list).
2) Partner with client ownership & senior management to diagnose, design & implement HR solutions based on client needs, leveraging internal resources to create efficiencies.
3) Respond to client and employee questions and concerns in person and via phone and email; resolve problems and document appropriately. Schedule adequate time for face-to-face contacts with owners, managers and employees. Refer problems and questions for Specialists and follow up to track outcomes as necessary. Coordinate communication of questions and problem resolutions from Specialists to clients.
4) Provide support for ongoing management of client relationships and satisfaction, at the front-line level, under the direction of Director or VP of HR Consulting.
5) Provide project support for HR consulting: perform research and develop resources that help to deliver consulting services; prepare and deliver training, presentation and HR resource materials for clients; assist in development of standard consulting templates and procedures.
6) Assist in developing confidence of sales prospects in Axios’ HR services capabilities through the demonstration and explanation of HR services products and services prior to the sale.
7) Assist in pre- and post-launch gathering of information from the client to help create and maintain client and employee records and files, both paper and electronic. Coordinate contacts with client and meetings with employees in cooperation with HR experts and management.
8) Maintain continuing progress on professional development and education, including PHR/SPHR or SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP certification, HR and technology training, etc.
Bachelor’s degree in HR, Business or related field, or equivalent experience; proven experience managing projects independently and dealing with multiple bosses; familiarity with all areas of Human Resources and HR Generalist responsibilities. Proven skills in policy development and administration and experience in problem-solving on complex people issues.
Five years minimum HR experience in a Specialist or Generalist role, including proficiency in major HR areas (Performance Management, Employee Relations, Compensation, Benefits, Training & Development), and competence in using HRIS systems. Excellent administrative skills, including proficiency in MS-Office applications; effective problem-solving skills; positive customer service orientation and motivation; outstanding communication and interpersonal skills to work in team and service environment.
Action orientation; commitment to quality; analytical thinker; thoughtful listener; skilled problem-solver; assertive communicator; respects confidentiality; process oriented.
Specialized Knowledge, Licenses, etc.: PHR/SHRM-CP or SPHR/SHRM-SCP preferred, must have valid drivers license.
Supervisory Responsibility, if any: No direct supervisory duties, but may provide direction to specialists, junior HR staff, or interns.
Working Conditions: General office environment as well as manufacturing plant floor depending on client environment. Physical requirements include mobility to move about in a variety of work environments, and a low level of exertion and flexibility, including bending, turning, manipulating small items and lifting up to 25 lbs. Travel (primarily local, statewide potential) in motor vehicles required on a frequent basis.