Senior Director of Human Resources – Rockford Construction
Rockford Construction is looking for an experienced Human Resources executive to lead their talent strategy and execution. The Sr Director of HR will oversee the development and management of all talent related efforts required to accomplish the business goals. This position will report into the Chief Operating Officer and will be a key member of the senior management team of the company.
This role combines business advising, leadership, and operations. They will develop and share their point of view about business demands, human capital needs and then deliver on what is promised. They will make or influence talent decisions including compensation and benefits, diversity and inclusion, recruiting, training, development, employee relations, and performance management.
The ideal candidate must have deep HR expertise as well as be strong leader, a good communicator, and advocate for team collaboration, safety, and innovation. Must have the ability to lead, manage, cultivate and mentor team members to promote their professional growth. This position must have the ability to supervise four or more professional level positions and must demonstrate organizational and time management skills, as well as have robust communication and client service skills.
- A bachelor’s degree in a related field
- SPHR certification or equivalent
- Ability to travel
- 2 or more years of experience as a Human Resources director level or above.
- Minimum 5 years managing a team of HR professionals
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and large group situations to board and leadership audiences as well employees and managers
- Working knowledge of HRIS systems and core HR processes
- Proficient in MS Outlook, Project, Excel and Word
- 15 years of work and/ or HR experience
- A master’s degree in a related Human Resource area
- Experience in the construction industry or with skilled trades
- Experience implementing engagement/ culture action plans, building management development programs, and rolling out wellness programs and other innovative HR programs
Rockford offers competitive compensation, comprehensive healthcare plans, generous paid time off, continued learning and training opportunities, on-site fitness activities, tuition reimbursement, 401K with company match, and flexible scheduling.